g++ issues

I had compiled something with the g++ compiler (2.95) a night or two back. I used dselect to deinstall then reinstall some things. It went through a long install. Now I went to build the program again because I was working with a makefile setting up the proper compiler options and now the linker is complaining about not being able to find the standard math functions and the iostream classes. Any clues what happened? All the selections in deselect relating to g++ are set to install.
Christopher J. Noyes