Sarge Installer and DHCP

I've done a few installs with Sarge, and something wonky has started
happening.  (Although I blame my router for this...  For some reason it's
started issuing IPs to any machine (in networlk) that sends along a DHCP
request, even if the Mac Address is flagged as having a static IP.

The Sarge installer sends along that DHCP request every-time.  If it fails
to get a responce, is when you are presented with the options of using a
static IP, trying again, or (something that I forget offhand.)

Now, as one of the two machines I just installed Sarge on is a *server*,
being able to change that machine (liberator) from DHCP to a static IP
would be a "good thing".  (There are reasons for me to switch my other
machine (galactica) over to a static IP as well, but that's another
story.)

Unfortunately, I have no idea where to start looking on how to make this
change.  Googling hasn't been much use (finding Windows-related stuff...),
so I figured I'd ask here...

Thanks in advance!

Krikket