Problems with latest Apache2 update

I recently updated my apache2 from SID. Now when it tries to start I get a
message that it can not find the fully qualified domain name of my network
server. I have recently used the newest Debian network installer from SID to
set up this system. I am not sure why apache2  is having this issue. The host
name and network settings seem OK but since all of this is a SID install and
likely VERY buggy I am asking if anyone else has these same problems. Apache2
does start but sets up localhost as the server. Oddly at no time during the
Apache2  installation did anything ask for the FQDN so I am assuming that
this new version is supposed to locate it by some other means. I even
completely purged all of the install files and every reference from the file
tree & reinstalled all of apache2 with the exact same results. Recall I did
have this working properly prior to the update. Maybe it is a bug but I am
very cautious in filing bug reports. Any tips are appreciated including
things that may seem very obvious that I may have overlooked.
--
John Foster