Re: Window-manager question

users@linuxforums.org wrote:

> When installing the OS, how do you know what window manager to use???
> I've bee told to install icewm, wms, twm, and I thing something
> called "debconf."

Debconf isn't a window manager - it's a configuration utility used by dpkg.

The answer to your question is "whichever one you want". That is what makes
Linux so wonderful - you have choices. Install a few, try them out, and see
which one you like the best.

> Better yet, does anyone know what window manager Debian recommends
> and/or uses by default

By default Debian installs several. Again, the emphasis is on user choice.

Adam