Re: removed apmd but it still seems to be there

Hello

Lorenzo Prince (<lorenzo@prince.homelinux.org>) wrote:

> I am using acpi in place of apm because it allows me to press the
> power button to shutdown the computer.  I can easily accidentally
> press the power button, so it is good to have it go through the
> shutdown sequence or even do nothing instead of powering down without
> performing the shutdown actions, which could possibly corrupt my
> filesystem.
>
> Well, here's the deal.  I turned acpi on in the boot loader and
> removed apmd, but the system is still trying to use apm.  I tried
> removing powermgmt-base, but doing so would remove the entire gnome
> system.  What can I do to fix this problem?

What exactly does "still trying to use apm" mean? Does it try to use the
apm driver instead of the acpi driver? Did you compile apm support as a
module, or into the kernel? Did you try the "apm=off" boot parameter?
Did you rerun lilo after changing the config file?

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674
Registered Linux User #267976