Re: use udev

John M Flinchbaugh <glynis@butterfly.hjsoft.com> writes:

> i installed it as well, but i had to revert back to the
> /dev/hda* devices instead of /dev/discs/disc*/part* devices
> which i had from devfs.

If you are using ide disks, you can put this in your udev.rules file to
get devfs disk names:

BUS="ide", KERNEL="hd*", PROGRAM="/etc/udev/scripts/ide-devfs.sh %k %b %n", NAME="%1c", SYMLINK="%2c %3c"

The script "ide-devfs.sh" should be in your doc/udev/extras directory,
or I can send it to you.  There should be something similar for scsi
devices.

--
John L. Fjellstad