Re: apt-get install from testing got me into trouble with perl and libpng

Pete RedHair wrote:
Hi,

i'm running a linux box with debeian stable.

Because of some needed features i've upgrade my
postfix and spamassasin packages to testing and along
with it apt upgraded a lot of other packages.

You mean you upgraded your system from woody to sarge.

Everything i tested is working ok except for
mailgraph.

In /var/log/apache/error.log i get the following
messages:

[Fri Mar 26 13:26:12 2004] [error] [client
192.168.10.29] Premature end of script headers:
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailgraph.cgi
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h
from libpng-1.0.12
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c
from libpng-1.2.5
libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in
application and library

and now i don't get may mail statistics graphs from
mailgraph.

I've tried to install libpng10-0 but it didn't solve
the problem and since i'm a newbie i don't know what
to do.

Can someone help me to solve this problem ?
I really need the graphs to put them in a
presentation.

In the upgrade did you use "script ... exit" so you kept a record of what all was upgraded?
Was mailgraph upgraded also?
Are there bugs against mailgraph in the buglist?
So what happens if you apt-get remove mailgraph and install it again?

Hugo.