Re: DNS setup

Apparently, _lists@pop3.wordit.com_, on 03/25/04 18:52,typed:
I can connect and ping IPs, but DNS does not resolve. /etc/resolv.conf exists and the ISPs servers are added automatically.
Now have no clue what to check. Any ideas?

(I installed from Knoppix with the new Debian installer, and could connect under Knoppix from CD. So this is Debian unstable.)

Thanks,

Marcus

This may be very tiny detail, but what are the permissions of /etc/resolv.conf?

->HS

---
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)