Re: howto get connected to internet?

Ajith R Peter wrote:

I am new to knoppix and I am just wondering how do I get connected with knoppix.
Need help!!!!!!

Although Knoppix is based on Debian, it's not Debian per se; you might find better support for Knoppix on a Knoppix forum, such as http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

You don't provide enough information about your setup. Do you mean you're trying to get connected to the internet via dial-up? Via ethernet LAN? Via usb-to-cable-modem?

What have you tried? What errors/symptoms are you getting?

Are you running strictly off the CD, or have you installed Knoppix to the hard drive?

Since Knoppix pretty much automagically connects to an ethernet LAN, I suspect you're connecting via dial-up, and most consumer modems (maybe >90%?) are not designed to be used with Linux, and whereas some of them can be forced to work with Linux, it's not generally a simple little something that can be fixed with a click of the mouse or two.

But again, without more info from you, we can't even begin to take a stab at helping you.

--
Kent