Re: SVG display in Debian

Peter Samek wrote:
On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 09:22:53PM -0800, Leo Spalteholz wrote:

<snip>

Yeah, I did wonder today, too.

I tried it in Konqueror, but could not see any pictures. But if I used
svgdisplay, then the picture was shown. And if I was in a directory
in Konqueror and held the mouse pointer over an icon, then I saw a small
preview of the svg image.

As you can read at http://www.croczilla.com/svg/ "Standard Mozilla
builds are not yet SVG-enabled by default."

Either it does not work out-of-the-box, or there is a problem in the
integration with other components.

Peter

Mozilla SVG support in m$windoz is better than the SVG support in the Linux versions, and yes you have to either compile it yourself and enable svg or get an svg enabled binary.

But I use svg and ImageMagick does it perfectly, so does Batik, a java svg processor.

Hugo