Re: nbtstat -S

You sent a private response to a public
attempt to help you on debian-user.  Re-including the list (which you
shouldn't have excluded to start with)...

bassem <bassem@sonic.net> writes:
> * Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> [2004-03-24 13:57]:
>> "Nathan Kidd" <nmk@freenet.co.uk> writes:
>>
>> > I have a newbie question - whats the Linux CLI equivalent of nbtstat
>> > -S from the command line?
>>
>> For those of us who haven't used Windows beyond what is absolutely
>> necessary in a desktop situation for work in almost a decade, just
>> what the heck is nbtstat -S supposed to accomplish?
>>
> It's a command that outputs the NetBios connection table.

OK, so we're dealing with SMB stuff.  I'm not sure what command it
would be, but I bet you're looking at something in the samba or
samba-client package.

: :'  :
`. `'`     proud Debian admin and user
  `-       Debian.  Because it *must* work.  debian.org   aboutdebian.com