Re: exim - spamassassin? - msexchange

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 10:49:49AM -0700, s. keeling wrote:
| Incoming from Michael Kahle:
| > I would like to setup a intermediary mail server that will filter email
| > coming in for spam and then reroute the "good" mail to my msexchange server.
|
| Doesn't it strike you that this is an absolutely pathetic waste of
| resources?  If Exchange has to be wrapped in another mailserver, why
| have it there at all?

You forgot to include the Pointy Hair in that resource equation.  Or
the Outhouse Calendaring and such, for which Exchange is required.

(otherwise I'd agree :-) - exim and postfix are both capable of
holding their own out on the Big Bad Internet so why have another
weaker subsystem in the picture?)

-D

--
Bugs come in through open windows. Keep Windows shut!