Little Exim question (permission to create lockfile...)

Hey,

I'm not sure anymore why I needed to (have had to rearrange quite a few
things), but I've been fiddling with KMail's lockfile settings. And
with my system mailbox, too. :-/ I'm left with one little problem: Exim
doesn't have permission to create a lockfile in /var/mail/tom, which
causes messages to get stuck in the queue.

So basically, I just wondered what lockfile I should allow KMail to
create (procmail, dotlock, dotlock privileged, FNCTL, or none) and what
permissions the spoolfile in /var/mail should be set to, so that Exim
can drop a lock...

Apologies for bothering this list with my mess,
Tom