Re: memory of video card

The problem seems to be more with my mouse.
But X is kind of hard to work with right now.
Ctrl+Alt+<backspace> doesn't kill X and Ctrl+Alt+F1 doesn't switch to a console terminal.

So I have to hack it from an ssh session for now.

Apperently the transistion from kernel 2.4 to 2.6 has a lot more issues that I was led to believe. I can't even file a bug report on this because the machine is so unusable right now.

My guess is that right now with the changes in 2.6.x kernel, I've lost all my input devices and have to somehow start over again with that. Unfortunately it would have been a lot easier to do this from a terminal session.

A warning would have been nice. But now I'm left with something one notch up from non-bootable.