Re: Rooted? Could anything innocently alter the "i" flag?

Am Di, den 23.03.2004 schrieb Anthony Campbell um 13:12:
> On 23 Mar 2004, Brian Brazil wrote:
> >

> [snip]
>
> > I said md5sum for a reason. Even a checksum would be nice. See
> > RFC1680(?) - MD5, RFC1750 - Randomness recomendations for security.
> > Essentially date(touch) and file size(echo >>) are easy to modify.
> > With a one way hashing algorithm though its more difficult to get the
> > right answer with a bad file.
>
> [snip]
>
> What is the best way to verify that the result of md5sum for a file is
> what it ought to be?

The easiest way is to install an IDS *before* the breach.............
--
Matthias Hentges
Cologne / Germany

[www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated
ICQ: 97 26 97 4   -> No files, no URL's

My OS: Debian SID. Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice