Re: partitions don''t mount at boot

Hi there,

> I made a change in fstab and changed it back (99% sure it's same as
before)

Did you make any other changes?

> and now when I start pc , only / is mounted at boot , so I can't get X
> running

> /dev/hda1 / reiserfs defaults 0 1
<snip>
> /dev/hda8 /usr xfs auto,users,exec 0 0
> Can anybody tell me why only / get mounted at boot time, or has any
> suggestions how to fix this?

Is support for XFS a kernel module or compiled into the kernel for your
system?
If it's a module, make sure that it is being loaded at boot time.

I would guess that the kernel doesn't know how to mount the vfat and xfs
partitions, and can only find support for the reiserfs one.

Cheers,

Pete.