Re: Firewall Recommendations

Hi,
We are thinking about replacing our current small office firewall
with something more substantial and reliable. What are the current
debian/iptables based favourites? I'd like to get a good idea of
where to start reading. All suggestions welcome.

	bill

> Harland Christofferson wrote:
> i use the firestarted package ... works out pretty well for building
> iptables. it has a wizard that is easy to use and allows you to port
> forward and set up dynamic rules too.

Harland,

Your mail client is top-posting, and it didn't quote the author correctly. I moved your reply down in this message thread quote...

Bill,  I use fwbuilder.  If you have ever used CheckPoint, this will
be very familiar.  There may be a little bit of a learning curve,
but fwbuilder allows you to build very powerfull rulesets and still
have them readable at a glance.

-Ben.