Need help with apt-move

Hello folks,

I'm trying to get a Debian machine (A) updated via CDROM from
another up-to-date sarge machine (B) that is connected to the
Internet. Essentially I want to download all the .debs that are
currently installed on B into a mirror (on B), then burn that
onto a CDROM, carry it to A and install it.

I though that "apt-move sync" is my freind. From the manpage:

       sync   Similar  to  the mirror function, but
              only gets the packages that are  cur-
              rently  installed on your system.  It
              uses dpkg(8) --get-selections to find
              out  what files to download.  It will
              skip any files that match one of  the
              patterns  in  the  $LOCALDIR/.exclude
              file (if it exists).  sync  will  get
              the  latest versions of the packages,
              regardless of the  version  currently
              installed on your system (think about
              it).

OK, so I run apt-sync. It does something, but it only downloads
about 200 packages when in fact I have more than 800 installed:

kir:/home/dh/download/debian# find . -name "*.deb" | wc -l
203

kir:/home/dh/download/debian# grep ^Status:\ install /var/lib/dpkg/status | wc -l
858

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help
--Daniel