Re: restore lilo as boot manager

ernst wrote:

Hi

I have a problem restoring lilo as my boot manager from a debian/windoze
installation. It is a laptop only with usb floppy/cdrom.
The windows installation is on hda1 and the debian installation is on
hda6.
I have tryed to boot with "toms root boot" and some other boot disks, but
no luck so far.

Anyone of you gurus got a solution for this?

/e-m

If you can't boot into Linux (with TRB, or a Debian installation CD, or a rescue floppy, etc), you can't fix lilo. However, you can co-opt WinXP's boot loader to get you in:

http://home.ubalt.edu/abento/linux/redhat-install/dualbootNT.html

--
Kent