Sound problem when two sound devices

I have a motherboard which has an intel810 audio chipset on it AND an
Soundblaster Live card.  My loadspeakers are connected to the Soundblaster
(emu10k1)

When I boot up, something is loading the sound modules for both chipsets,
which seems to mean I get no sound.

If I rmmod the i810_audio module and then /etc/init.d/alsa reload I then get
working sound.

How can I stop this module being loaded on boot?

I have discover installed, but my discover.conf file shouldn't seach for sound
see below

# /etc/discover.conf: hardware detection settings
#
# $Id: discover.conf,v 1.1.1.1 2003/12/31 00:12:53 gaudenz-guest Exp $

# Default settings:
#
# Enable the PCI, USB, IDE, and SCSI bus scans:
enable pci,usb,ide,scsi
# Enable the PCMCIA scan too:
#enable pcmcia
# The ISA bus scan causes problems on some machines, and is slow,
# so we might not want to scan these devices:
#enable isa
disable isa
# The parallel and serial scans cause problems on some machines too:
disable parallel,serial

# Scan for the following types of hardware at boot time:
boot bridge cdrom disk ethernet ide scsi
#boot sound
boot usb video
#boot all

# Don't ever load the foobar module: