Re: aptitude update is boke

Hi Rodney -
First make sure you don't have aptitude, apt or dpkg or dselect, or
synaptic, or gnome-apt etc etc in the middle of something somewhere on
another login/console.
The remove the lock files...
ok lets see if I can remember all of them.
rm /var/cache/apt/archives/lock
rm /var/lib/aptitude/lock
rm /var/lib/dpkg/lock
rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock
I've got a hunch there might be another one - these  seem to work for me
50% of the time though - Disclaimer - I really don't know the
consequences of doing this, it just seems to fix the problem for me
Good luck
Glenn