Re: Flash and Firefox (was Re: Mozilla Firefox Plugins)

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 at 3:13pm, Kent West wrote:

:Patrick Wiseman wrote:
:
:>On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 at 8:50pm, Kenneth Macdoald Karlsen wrote:
:>
:>:On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 17:09, James Hosken wrote:
:>:> Hash: SHA1
:>:>
:>:> Is there a way to apt-get firefox plugins?
:>:> I can't find any when searching apt-cache, but I'm sure there will be.
:>:>
:>:> Can any one point me in the right directions?
:>:> Thanks
:>:> J
:>:>
:>:Apt-get for some other mozilla browser and then you copy plugins to:
:>:/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins
:>
:>I just installed the Flash plugins to that directory (and verified that
:>they're there) but when I restart firefox, still no functioning flash.
:>Pages with Flash just do nothing.  Any suggestions?
:>
:>Patrick
:>
:>
:>
:What are the permissions on the plugin files?

Well, apparently, I lied - after restarting Firefox a second time, at
least some flash sites are working just fine.

Patrick