Re: how to export messages from outlook express

root wrote:
Hi,

I'm in the last steps of my migration from M$ to Debian. I have 400MB of
messages that I need to have available in my mail client. Using Ximian
Evolution right now.
I need suggestions on how to do it.

you can use IMAP, set up an IMAP server (uw-imap is very easy to setup), then connect to this IAMP server from outlook, then copy the messages from outlook folder to imap folder (within outlook).

then you can either do oposite in evolution (connect to the same imap server and copy messages to evolution folders) or simply continue to use the imap server (which imo is a lot better solution, you can check your email remotely, you can try different email clients without worrying about them supporting one or another storage system etc.)

	erik