Re: What mail program does this?

You can telnet to port 110 of your POP server and delete it by typing in pop commands.

I used to telnet to a pop server to read my mail (in the happy days before spam) because I worked at a place whose firewall wouldn't allow external pop access. What I did was telnet to a regular login outside the firewall, then telnet to my popserver.

$ telnet server.domain.com 110

Try giving the "HELP" command to find out what commands you can do.

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com

    "I give you this one rule of conduct. Do what you will, but speak
     out always. Be shunned, be hated, be ridiculed, be scared,
     be in doubt, but don't be gagged."
     -- John J. Chapman, "Make a Bonfire of Your Reputations"
        http://www.goingware.com/reputation/