Re: LCD Terminal

On Saturday 20 March 2004 02:21 pm, you wrote:
>I am not familiar with these. What do they do and where are they available?

http://www.mepis.org/
http://www.knoppix.org/

They are bootable CDs containing a working debian-based distribution. They are
handy for system repair, hardware diagnostics, etc. You can also install them
to your hard drive in lieu of a 'normal' debian install, but be aware that
the resulting installation isn't 'pure,' it will be somewhat different from a
straight debian install. For instance, under Mepis, su:root is allowed to run
X programs and the default runlevel is 5 rather than 2.

They come pre-loaded with KDE, Open Office, etc.

Jeff