Re: Hardware Support issues

Hello

The program you use to write your messages is severly broken. Please
install the OE quote fix:
<http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/>
and go to <http://learn.to/quote>. Thank you.

Christopher J. Noyes (<cjnoyes@cjnoyessw.com>) wrote:
> From: "Jason A Whittle" <whittle@freeshell.org>
>> On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 03:32:52PM -0500, Christopher J. Noyes wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know if there is support for LinkSys NE 100 TX (LNE0TX
>>> v4) network cards?
>>>
>> Try the 'natsemi' kernel module.
>>
> natsemi fails to load.

This is the place where we should be able to find the error message you
got. Btw, a short search on <http://groups.google.com> seems to
indicate that you might need the tulip driver instead.

> I downloaded the source from the manufacturers
> site but it failed to compile.

And what was the error message? You probably forgot to install either
the developement tools or the kernel headers:

apt-get install build-essential kernel-headers-$(uname -r)

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674
Registered Linux User #267976