Re: Debain over Redhat

Hallo Matthew,

> An future project here will use Apache/PHP/PostgreSQL on a Dell
> server.
>
> The vendor will advocate Redhat, but Debian is the only linux I have
> used so that would be my choice.  I will be supporting the box and
> os, they will support the app.
>
> I do not know the versions of the packages they will want to use, so
> I don't know if vanilla woody will be sufficient.

I am in the process of setting up three debian woody mailservers on
Dell 2650 machines.  After searching on google I came across an
net-install CD for Debian woody which was designed for Dell servers
and it installed without a problem.

Unfortunately I did not make a note of where I found it.  But I have a
copy available at
ftp://ftp.sun.ac.za/iso-images/debian/dell/debian-dell-2.4.25.iso

It has a size of 5.5M.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     " And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;
      and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor
      crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the
      former things are passed away."
                          Revelations 21:4