Re: USB: KDE faster than GNOME faster than TERMINAL ??!!

it is already mouted with sync, see the fstab line:
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /mnt/IntelligentStick auto sync,user,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8 0 0

When KDE has finished copying the file, unmounting can be done with no delay. The file is really copied.

edward@murrell.co.nz wrote:
I believe the problem is to do with synchronos  writing to the device. It
probably means that KDE is reporting the time for the drive to report that
it has copied files. Try adding sync to the fstab, and then see what
happens.
Edward