Re: Debian Install (Sid)

Krikket wrote:

Given: One computer, and the ISO's (well, at least the first iso)
downloaded and burned onto the CD, how the frell do I install sid?

I've heard people say how wonderfull the installer is, but as far as I can
tell, after asking a few basic questions, it drops you into a ash shell.
I think at that point you're supposed to manually install the OS without
instructions.

I remember an old Sid installer like that about a year and a half ago. That's not the route you want to go.

Instead, go to http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ and download either the 30MB or the 100MB CD and boot off that. Then you'll install the rest off the network. At some point, you may need to point your /etc/apt/sources.list to "unstable" and do an "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade" if the installer doesn't give you the opportunity to pull from "unstable".

--
Kent