Re: K3b mkisofs failing under 2.6.4

One last comment on this for now. I removed this file:

/lib/modules/2.6.4-1-686/kernel/drivers/char/agp/agpgart.ko

moving it to a safe place in case this didn't work. On boot, as should
be obvious, the module was not loaded. During XF86 initialization, the
internal nVidia agp driver started just fine, and now Savage is
correctly detecting that things are running in agp mode.

I'm going to try the same thing with ide_scsi at some point. Meanwhile,
having the CD-RW defined as scsi doesn't seem to be breaking anything
under 2.6, even though it is "depreciated".

Hopefully someone in the development tree will figure out that hardware
autodetection and module autoloading should be optional, or at least
limitable.

Curt-

--
September 11th, 2001