Ext3 Journal problem

I just noticed that one of my hard drives was no longer mounting. When looking through the output of dmesg, I saw the following output

kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
EXT3 FS 2.4-0.9.19, 19 August 2002 on ide0(3,68), internal journal
JBD: Unrecognised features on journal
EXT3-fs: error loading journal.

I was going to run tune2fs -j /dev/hdd1 to repair the journal, but thought I should run fsck.ext3 /dev/hdd1 first. When I tried fsck, I got the following output....

# fsck.ext3 /dev/hdd1
e2fsck 1.35-WIP (31-Jan-2004)
Ext3 journal superblock has an unknown incompatible feature flag set.
Abort<y>? yes

Should I just use tune2fs -j /dev/hdd1 to create a new journal? Will this loose any files other than one or two that may not have been completed by the journal??

Thanks for any help on this.
Johnny.