Re:ide-scsi emulation not working

Note that, as is posted on bootup, ide-scsi is deprecated in 2.6 kernels. They
recomment ide-cd instead. I am not clear how to make the switch.

However, ide-scsi is still around and does work. The mounting moints of the
CDs has changed. In 2.4 kernel, they got to /dev/hd*, in 2.6 they get
to /dev/scd*. So you need new lines in /etc/fstab. If you are still using the
old kernel, both sets of lines can coexist without problems.