Re: Sharing sound between users

glenn <gdavy@tpg.com.au> writes:

> If someone logs into gnome -they own the esd and no one else can get in
> and use sound, even after they log out, unless someone manually kills
> esd deamon. If there are two X sessions running - only one can access
> sound - Sound seems easier in kernel 2.6 so I'm hoping I can finally
> solve this problem - any help... please?

Get a sound card that allows more than one stream to play at the same
time.  Yours does not.  I don't know what cards do other than mine
does.  It's a Creative SoundBlaster Live! 128.

: :'  :
`. `'`     proud Debian admin and user
  `-       Debian.  Because it *must* work.  debian.org   aboutdebian.com