Re: community internet cafe with gnome

I plan to put up a small webpage dedicated for this community effort. Is there a place to post 'linux success stories' somewhere?

Andy

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Andy M wrote:

Hi,

I'm running a free community Internet cafe with a bunch of debian machines with gnome installed. Visitors log in to a special 'cafe' account that doesn't have password. Ideally, every time they log in the 'cafe' home directory gets restored from clean backup. This is to prevent people from messing up settings and guarantee anonymity.

What would be the best way of doing this? I know that KDE has a Xstartup script where I can just rm -rf /home/cafe and then untar the backup, but I couldn't find anything like that in gnome.

The reason to choose gnome over KDE was that KDE was very busy - almost all visitors to this cafe are very much computer illiterate.

Any help is very appreciated!

Andy

[OT] That's great! Have you recorded your experiences anywhere?

Hugo.