Re: ide-scsi emulation not working

I too recently got my CRX216E working, although with 2.4.
Forgive me if it's different.

I have this in lilo.conf, note the ide-

	append="hdc=ide-scsi"

By the looks of your lsmod, ide-cd grabbed the CD-ROM
so hopefully this is your problem.

I had the ignore in /etc/modules.conf but took it out.
It didn't seem to be necessary.

Here's my dmesg:

hdc: SONY CD-RW CRX216E, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdc: attached ide-scsi driver.
scsi2 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
  Vendor: SONY      Model: CD-RW  CRX216E    Rev: PD01
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02

krb