Re: Kanguru USB MP3 player

> Am I needing to mount this somehow? And how exactly do I do that for this?
>From newbie to newbie:
Yes, you have to mount the device!
Assuming you have already the proper modules loaded,try this:
$ mount -t auto /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbdrive

(if sda1 doesn't work, you may try sda2 sda3...)

then, do a ls /mnt/usbdrive to check if you can see the player's contents.

No need to say that the directory /mnt/usbdrive is just an example, please
use instead the directory where you want the device to be mounted in.

If you can't mount the device, please search some troubleshooting info on
Google. There are many things that could be messed up :)
If it's all ok, then add /dev/sda1 on your /etc/fstab (I suggest to include
the "users" option)
Then, assuming you use KDE, right click on the KDE desktop, and add a new
device, pointing it on the /dev/sda1 entry (KDE reads your fstab!)

Now you'll be able to mount and umount the device from KDE desktop.
(Remember to unmount it, before unplugging it..)

Hope that helps.

Call Me Ishmael

--
a^n+b^n=c^n has no integer roots for n>2
I have a wonderful demonstration, but it doesn't fit in this signature.