Re: libxv1 error

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:53:37 -0800
Roger Hallgren <roger125@comcast.net> wrote:

> Recently I've been getting the following error when trying to install
> libxv1.
>
> root@1[Downloads]# dpkg -i lib*.*
> (Reading database ... 104453 files and directories currently
> installed.) Unpacking libxv1 (from libxv1_4.3.0-5_i386.deb) ...
> dpkg: error processing libxv1_4.3.0-5_i386.deb (--install):
>  trying to overwrite `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXv.so.1.0', which is also in
> package xlibs
> dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
>  libxv1_4.3.0-5_i386.deb

I get the same error. It's also a problem because it's needed when
installing the wine packages, and since it doesn't install like it
should, all of wine has to be removed before other transactions can
happen. So I end up removing them, installing what I need and
reinstalling them or else I can't run the couple of programs I need wine
for.

I've even tried forcing it to install, but it won't even under pressure.

--
The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armor to
lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores