Re: Graphical version of aptitude

Sven Hoexter wrote:
On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 07:20:05PM +0100, Andreas Bach Aaen wrote:

I guess that this allready exists.
Can you provide me with the name of a graphical frontend to apt?
Sorry to say but I find the aptitude console application difficult to navigate.

Install synaptic. Gustavo from Conectiva is also working on kynaptic new
kde based frontend for apt. He posted a screenshot in his blog[1] a few
days ago. rpm packages should be avaible from Conectivas snapshots so
you should be able to extract the source from the rpm and can try to
compile it on Debian. It might work.

Sven
[1] https://moin.conectiva.com.br/GustavoNiemeyer

Gnome-apt is quite nice as well.