Re: Plug and play USB mice in Unstabble.

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 06:57:47PM -0500, Thomas G wrote:
> I cant get my usb mouse to work for the life of me. Is there an easy way
> to configure plug and play usb mice? or a way to get my mx500 to work.
> Im on a nforce2 motherboard and am running sid with gnome. any ideas or
> input?

You can install hotplug to handle usb if things come and go or add the
relevant modules to /etc/modules.

You also need to add another mouse for X using the /dev/input/mice
device. If its not always connected (laptop) you should setup gpm for
it and use /dev/gpmdata for X, that way a running X will be able to use
a newly connected mouse (with /dev/input/mice you will need to restart
X).