Re: Looking for encrypted file system

Paul Johnson wrote:
On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 12:32:01PM +0000, Toby Batch wrote:

I'm looking for a method to create a encrypted sub-directory structure on an existing partition. I have an existing user base with home directories in /home but I want some (only some) of these users to have encrypted home spaces. This machine is remote to me but I have root access, so rebuilding the kernel is not and option. Are there any recommendations on how to do this in debian?

My favorite method is tarballs encrypted with gnupg...

That works fine but I need 'live access' to the file system.