Re: famd runaway??

* Michael Satterwhite <michael@weblore.com> [2004:03:12:21:12:20-0600] scribed:
> Debian sarge...
>
> My computer has slowed to a crawl, can't even start konqueror. When I look at
> the processes, famd is using about 73% of the system.
>
> Anyone know what might be wrong?

Same here.

* Larry Geralds <lgeralds@fancemail.com> [2004:03:13:17:15:57-0500] scribed:
> >Debian sarge...
>
> Same thing with Sid.
>

> >My computer has slowed to a crawl, can't even start konqueror. When I look
> >at the processes, famd is using about 73% of the system.
> >
> >Anyone know what might be wrong?
>
> Don't know. Wish I did.
>
> I restart it: su -c "/etc/init.d/fam restart"

For that matter, why on earth is `idle_timeout' in /etc/fam.conf
_over_ridden_ by /etc/init.d/fam ?!?!

This means that I have to edit /etc/init.d/fam in order to change:

   FAMOPTS="-T 0"

I have tried this several times _without_ a single dialog:

   dpkg-reconfigure -plow fam

I am running version 2.6.10-6

What do you think?

--