mod-perl2 trouble

Simply put, I cannot use any method provided by Apache::ServerUtil. The
Apache2 module is loaded, @INC has all the necessary paths and mod_perl
1.0 is not even installed so there is no conflict.

The "Perl Rocks" examples from perl.apache.org run fine, but if I try to
access any of the ServerUtil methods, I get stuff like

[error] [client 192.168.1.31] Undefined subroutine
&Apache::Server::server_root_relative called
at/var/www/perl/MyApache/Rocks.pm line 21.

This is the handler script:

--- BEGIN script ---
package MyApache::Rocks;

use strict;
use warnings;

use Apache::Server;
use Apache::ServerUtil;
use Apache::RequestRec ();
use Apache::RequestIO ();

use Apache::Const -compile => qw(OK);

sub handler {
  my $r = shift;

  $r->content_type('text/plain');
  print "mod_perl 2.0 rocks!\n";
  print ".\n";
  map { print " - $_\n" } @INC;
  print ".\n";
  print Apache::Server::server_root_relative($r->pool, 'conf');
  # ^^^ fails here, this line is verbatim from the docs ^^^

  return Apache::OK;
}
1;
--- END script ---

I have now been looking at this for quite some time, reconfiguring the
server, re-installing packages and rebooting the machine without any
effect. @INC is:

 - /var/www/perl
 - /usr/lib/perl5/Apache2
 - /etc/perl
 - /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.3
 - /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.3
 - /usr/lib/perl5
 - /usr/share/perl5
 - /usr/lib/perl/5.8
 - /usr/share/perl/5.8
 - /usr/local/lib/site_perl
 - .
 - /etc/apache2/
 - /etc/apache2/lib/perl

Does anyone have a working minimal script using this method and could
tell me what to do to get it running?

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de