Re: sarge installer ver. 03/10/2004

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Hi!

I have reported this also in the bugreports, but I get the impression that that is a bottomless pit somehow.

Using the 03/10/2004 iso image of the installer I tried to use it.

If you just press enter on boot he cycles himself through the steps.

Problems started in "Partition disks". They are already partitioned and I don't want more partitioning. But that option he doesn't seem to like.

Then you have to select the next step manually. Went to "Configure and Mount Partitions" and selected one as root.

He then installed the base system and kernel but the latter failed because mkinitrd could not determine the root device.

Anybody have any ideas on how to get it to run?

Hugo.

recognize your first mentioned problem. indeed: the installer does not like too much self-initiative. a pity.

on my machine i got the sarge-installer running after manually selecting a root partition __and___ defining the file-type manually. (this after ' partitioning' of course) did you do so too? i could not make that up out of your message.

steef