Re: Webmin and Apache questions.......

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, S.D.A. wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 12:06:25PM -0500 or thereabouts, Ralph Crongeyer wrote:

> > Also I can start and stop webmin with no problems but when I try to
> > connect to https://ipaddress:10000/ I get:
> >
> > "The connection refused when attempting to contact ipaddress."
> >
> > It's like it's not listining on port 10000 ?
>
> Well, since you're having problems with ssl, try the same URL without
> the https, just http://ipaddress:10000/.

Except that wouldn't work for webmin because the Debian packages are set
up to use SSL only be default.  They are also setup to listen to
localhost so Ralph, if you go to https://localhost:10000/ you should be
able to get in.  Then you can relax or tighten the access policies as you
see fit.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>