Tracking unstable package when same version is in testing

How do I shift a package in unstable when the same
version is in testing:

apt-show-versions -a kdeaddons
kdeaddons       4:3.1.5-2       install ok installed
kdeaddons       4:3.1.5-2       testing
kdeaddons       4:3.1.5-2       unstable
kdeaddons/testing uptodate 4:3.1.5-2

I want to change this so that kdeaddons is tracking
unstable, so that when kdeaddon/unstable becomes
version 3.2.1 it will be automagically installed by
dist-upgrade.

If I do:

apt-get --reinstall install -t unstable kdeaddons

or

apt-get remove kdeaddons
apt-get install -t unstable kdeaddons

then:

kdeaddons is still tracking testing

kdeaddons is a meta package that depends on the real
packages:

kate-plugins, kdeaddons-kfile-plugins, kicker-applets,
knewsticker-scripts, konq-plugins, noatun-plugins

If I try the reinstall or remove/install procedures
above on kate-plugins, it still tracks testing.

Is there a way to do this without having to use
pinning.

In my apt apt.conf I have

APT::Default-Release "testing";

I don't want to upgrade everything to unstable.

Mark Rainess