Re: Mouse lost, solved. Was (Re: udev questions (and answers))

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 02:35:05PM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 06:27:11PM -0500, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> | I answer myself:
> |
> | The line in /etc/X11/XF86Config that refers to the mouse must be
> | changed to:
> |
> |  Option "Device"      "/dev/misc/psaux"
>
> That is one solution, and the one I would use (but I use
> /dev/input/mice).
>
> Another is to put the line
>     L psaux misc/psaux
> in /etc/udev/links.conf and then udev will create a symlink for you.
>
> FYI,
> -D
Hi Derrick 'dman' Hudson. You are probably the man that can help
here. I don't know if you saw my other posting about the scanner and
the memory stick. If you did, sorry for bugging you. The problem is
that after installing udev I have lost contact with the stick and the
scanner. I couldn't find either the udev.log or whatever is called,
don't remember exactly. It seems that udev is too new and doesn't have
enough info, at least I haven't been able to find it. Pointers for
that would be great.
Thanks,
AR