mga_vid driver - any news? (Newbie)

Hello,

Do you know where I can find up-to-date info concerning the mga_vid driver, or what is supposed to replace it?

I used to have it last year (mga_vid.o) on my GNU/Linux system, a Slackware 8.1 / 2.4.18 and it allowed me to watch videos with very good quality using MPlayer.

Now I'm starting with Debian Sid / 2.6.3. I can watch videos with xine, but I'm convinced the quality can be better. It looks there is no mga_vid.ko or something... Will there be one in the future?

Cheers,
Sylvain.