2 problems after sid update (nvidia and kde menus)

Hi

just upgraded my not-so-up-to-date sid. it went fairly smooth but I still
have two annoying problems:

1. my nvidia drivers take a very long time to load (about 30 seconds), and
every time I switch from X to console and back it takes about 15 seconds to
load. I thought it was a memory/CPU issue but running top didn't show heavy
load while switching. I run the latest nvidia-kernel/nvidia-glx binaries
with kernel 2.4.24.

2. what happened to the "Debian" folder inside every kde submenu? it's lost
since the upgrade...

thanx
--
Haim