Re: make-kpkg problem

Thanks for your reply. It was really helpful.
One more stupid question.
I hit `make-kpkg kernel_image --initrd`
later if I hit `make-kpkg kernel_image --initrd
- --append_to_version=compact` or anything meaningful I get errors like
this:
"The changelog says we are creating 2.6.3, but I thought the version is
2.6.3compact. make: *** [stamp-debian] Error 1"

Is it that once the name set we can't change or is there some way. I
tried `make-kpkg clean` etc but none work. The only solution I find
presently is to:
rm -rf $KERNEL_SOURCE_DIR && tar -jxvf $KERNEL_SOURCE_FILE

Please forgive me if this annoys you people much.

rrs