Re: ssh through NAT firewall host ID problem

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 12:02:08PM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
} I have two computers at home running sshd which I can get to through my
} firewall using NAT on two different ports.
} The problem is that when connecting from the remote host to the
} different servers I start getting errors about wrong rsa key and it
} won't connect until I delete the known_hosts file.
}
} How can I bypass this?

This is a common complaint, and has been discussed on the OpenSSH
mailing list. It seems to be seriously low priority to them. The
solution I use is to copy sshd host keys in /etc/ssh (/etc/ssh/*_key*)
from one machine to the other(s) so that they all have the same host
keys. Remember to restart sshd (/etc/init.d/ssh restart) after copying.

You'll have to remove the old entries from known_hosts, but it should be
happy from then on.

--Greg